Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 19: Legs and Back, Ab Ripper X

Ah, Friday. My favorite day of the week. Or at least it was, until I foolishly set up my P90X schedule to do Legs and Back on Friday. Hate. This. Workout. I swear it’s more cardio-intense than Cardio X, but then you also get the added bonus of knee pain and that skinny bitch Dreya schooling you in the art of pullups. Awesome!

Anyway, I figured Legs and Back was going to be rough this morning due to the intensity of Yoga X yesterday, and guess what – I was right! Legs and Back is also not meant to be done Bikram style. Oops. However. Even with these things working against me, I got in a pretty good workout and was able to increase reps on most everything, even if only by one or two. I’m not sure I’m really getting a great workout with the pullups, though – I feel like I’m using my legs too much, and I never really feel any soreness in my back muscles the next day. I may try the band again for my next go at this.

Can’t forget Ab Ripper X – so glad I get to do this the day before AND after Yoga X. My favorite part of Ab Ripper X is when Tony says “you shouldn’t work your abs every day.” Um, FUCK YOU MUCH? Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Lean schedule goes like this: Core Syn (all abs), Cardio (abs at the end), S&A plus Ab Ripper (abs), Yoga X (Yoga Belly 7 much? ABS!), L&B plus Ab Ripper (abs), Kenpo. So, I guess technically we’re not doing abs every day. Just five consecutive days each week. Sorry for questioning you, Tony. That’s totally different than every day.

I really brought it to Yoga Belly 7 yesterday so my performance on Ab Ripper X today was somewhat lackluster. Still, I was able to do 220 reps, which is a big improvement from last week and only a few less than what I did on Wednesday. Major soreness now, especially in the upper abs from that godforsaken Touch the Sky move plus Hip Rock and Heels to Heaven.

To avoid a repeat of yesterday’s icky feeling, I decided to have a few extra carbs (and some extra potassium) with breakfast. I worked out, I deserve it. French toast? Cold pizza? No, I had half a peach. That’s right. That’s what happens when you’ve been on Atkins for 10 years. Fruit feels naughty. And it was GOOD. I may even eat the other half later. You hear that, Dr. Atkins?

No comments:

Post a Comment