Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 1: Core Synergistics

In the extreme spirit of P90X, I decided to give this my all today, taking breaks only when I thought I might throw up. This happened several times. What can I say? This is, as it’s supposed to be, a challenging workout. I think the name is a bit of a misnomer, though – I would call this cardio with a core emphasis, rather than just core. It really works everything – there are plenty of lunges and pushups in addition to core stuff, but the real challenge is the cardio aspect, at least for me. I used 2lb dumbbells for everything and found that to be plenty of weight at this point. The Boyfriend was NOT impressed with this video – which means he needs to do it more! His bad back makes some of the exercises difficult and painful, but all that much more necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment