Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 3: Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X

This was still a bit of a fact-finding mission as I wasn’t sure what weight I should be using for all of the exercises. I guessed pretty well for the most part, though – 8s for anything bicep related, 3s for triceps, and 5s for other stuff. Some of the shoulder exercises required 10s. Yes, I know these are small weights. Too goddamn bad. I’m a girl, and I’m not looking for bulk, and fuck you Dreya for being half my size and using 12s for everything. These weights allowed me to do around 15 reps of each exercise, which was my goal.

Due to time constraints, I skipped the bonus round and cool-down and moved directly to Ab Ripper X. I’m happy to report that I didn’t reinjure my tail. Sitting on a pillow for exercises that hurt alleviated the problem. I did a total of 146 exercises, or a little more than a third of the video. I am no longer able to roll over in bed, balance on the subway, suck in my gut, or possibly, have children. Yes, it hurts that badly.

The Boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed this video – a) because his arms are already pretty strong, b) because he sees fast results when he does arm work and c) because he skipped Ab Ripper X. He will not get away with this next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment