Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 8: Core Synergistics

How did I forget how much this video sucks? Anything involving Banana is bullshit. However, I was able to do more pushups today than last week, so I guess that’s progress. I’m being a good little exercise nerd and writing everything down in my handy chart, so it’s easy to see where I need to push myself. Annoying that Tony is always right!

Some bad news on the health front: I went to the gyno last week, and she tentatively diagnosed PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). We’re waiting on bloodwork to confirm, but she said it was pretty clear from my ultrasound. YAY! For those who don’t know, PCOS means that you get lots of little cysts on your ovaries, but it’s also a metabolic disease that can cause a whole host of fun symptoms, primarily weight gain, hair loss, facial hair growth, infertility, insulin resistance, loss of libido and more. Sound like fun? Yeah right. However, it was comforting to know that there might actually be a reason for some of my recent weight gain (other than just that I’m a fatass). We’ll decide on a course of treatment once the blood results are in. A low-carb diet is typically recommended – but wait, I already do that – and it’s not working. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment