Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 18: Yoga X

Let me preface this post by saying that it has been 95 degrees in NYC every day for the past week. I work out in my living room, which is about 140 square feet and cooled by one slightly anemic 5,200 BTU window air conditioner. It does a passable job when you’re just lounging in there, but when you’re moving around generating heat, it can’t keep up. That said, Yoga X became Bikram Yoga X today. Word to the wise - Yoga X is NOT meant to be done Bikram style. Just trust me on this. My electrolytes were all fucked up or something, because I simply DID NOT FEEL RIGHT all day after that workout. However, I am happy to report that I was able to do Crane for like 15 consecutive seconds AND I didn’t fall on my face!

The Boyfriend finally decided to sub Plyometrics for Yoga X today and I came home to find him sweating, swearing and generally killing himself. Tony says Plyo is the hardest video of the bunch, and after watching it, I believe him. Plyo is ridiculous. We're people, not frogs. No human should have to jump that much. I was very impressed with The Boyfriend though – he really kicked ass at this video. He played football, basketball and baseball in high school, and a lot of these moves are straight out of the training you’d do for those sports, so he had the coordination down already. The stamina will take work, but he kept up REALLY well for his first go. For me, I’ll have to work on both – makes me glad Plyo isn’t part of my routine yet. P90X Classic is really going to blow.

In other news, my weight is back down to where it was when I started. Annoying, but better than being up 3 lbs. I've heard from some P90X grads that the weight didn't start coming off right away, so I'm trying to be patient. Patient and fat. Fabulous combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment