Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 11: Kenpo X

That’s right, I had to stray from the P90X Lean schedule – you got a problem with that, Tony? I didn’t have time this morning for Yoga X so I did Kenpo X instead, and will do Yoga X on Saturday. I do think there is a bit of a method to Tony’s madness as far as the schedule is concerned, though – doing Kenpo X the day after Arms was tough (especially the block series), and I have a feeling that Yoga X after Legs and Back is going to SUCK.

Now, in other news – I have actually GAINED 3 lbs since starting this program last week. And although I can see that my muscles are firming up, I’m not dumb enough to think this is muscle at this point. I am on the rag, so that is certainly contributing, but still, NOT COOL. I’m not doing this just for weight loss, but I’m not doing it to get fatter either, bitches!

As I mentioned in my intro post, I’m a low-carber, have been for years, so I’ve been sticking with my fairly strict low-carb regime rather than Tony’s nutrition plan (although the first phase of it is relatively low in carbs). The only change I’ve made is switching out my normal breakfast (two eggs with cheese) for a low-carb protein shake (which has less calories and fat than the eggs). However, I have noticed that low-carb and lots of exercise never really work for me. It’s like I can either lose weight by sitting on my ass and eating pounds of bacon, or by working out and eating a few more carbs, but bacon+exercise=no results. So, I’m going to modify a little and scale back on fat while adding a few carbs in the form of more vegetables and perhaps fruit and low-carb bread. I eat about 5% carbs now, all from vegetables or cheese, and I’d like to move to maybe 10-15%. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment