Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 16: Cardio X

Oh, the day of rest was sweet. But you pay for it the day after. Today was another tough workout (as was yesterday - Core sucks!). Not to toot my own horn, but I am super impressed with myself for not (yet) taking a day off from this insane schedule (other than the scheduled day) - I fully admit that I am a lazy ass, so 16 days on schedule is an accomplishment. I’m even starting to get a little addicted to the feeling of studly awesomeness that I get when I do a P90X workout.

The Boyfriend is not being quite as diligent – his refusal to do Yoga X has translated into a second day off for him rather than a substitute workout, and he skips a lot of exercises in Ab Ripper X (anything that is a full sit-up rather than a crunch hurts his back and makes his sciatica flare up). He is doing the yoga section at the beginning of Cardio X, though, so that is progress! I’m going to try to convince him to do Plyo this week. His arms, chest and shoulders are already showing good results – I’m seeing muscles there that I’ve never seen before!

I am still waking up sore every morning but it’s a little less every day, and once I start working out, I don’t even feel it (until I sit down at my desk for 7 hours afterwards). I’m experiencing some knee pain – I should probably watch my form on the squats and lunges – but it goes away after a day of no legs, so I should be fine with Shoulders and Arms on the schedule for tomorrow. BTW, thank you JEEBUS for S&A. It's the one video that doesn't make me feel like puking from the cardiovascular effort. Too bad I only get to do it for one more week before switching things up!

No comments:

Post a Comment