Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 25: X Stretch

Ah, recovery week. What a misnomer. With Yoga X on the schedule twice, the only real “break” I’m getting this week came today with X Stretch. I was tempted to skip it altogether, since I did it once in my weeks of Pre90X and I know how lame it is, but I woke up a bit stiff from an intense Kenpo session last night so I figured why not. Eh. It was fine, and I feel like a good little P90X dork for obeying the rules. Speaking of being a dork, I'm happy to report that my little worksheet is reflecting my hard work with more reps on just about everything. I was especially surprised at the number of pushups I was able to do during Core this week.

The Boyfriend has been laid low by an upper respiratory infection from hell this week, so he has truly been recovering by not working out at all. He thinks he’ll be able to get back to it tonight or tomorrow, so hopefully he won’t have lost too much momentum. Next week’s introduction of Chest, Shoulders and Tris is looming large. We watched it last night – holy shit, pushups. One-arm, jump, clap, slow, fast – you name it, there are like 18 varieties on this video. We are not fans of pushups (mostly because we suck at them), so be ready for a vitriol-filled post on Wednesday when we take on this video for the first time.

Otherwise, things are good. According to the doctor, I don’t have PCOS. Of course, that means she has no idea why I’ve gained weight, but at least we can rule one thing out. I’ve lost 3 lbs since my start date, although that could just be normal weight fluctuation for me since I surely don’t feel any skinnier. I do feel a LOT more toned, though, and friends have commented positively. As hard as I’m working at this shit, I should look like Dreya by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment