Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 38: Chest, Shoulders and Tris, Ab Ripper X

Okay, so today was the day when I finally learned my lesson about fucking with Tony Horton's precious schedule. I switched Core and Cardio due to time restraints, which means I did Core yesterday. Sounds fine and dandy until you realize that Core involves a fair number of pushups and plank positions, and that today's workout is pretty much ALL pushups. Yeah.

I didn't have much soreness from yesterday and I was surprisingly able to meet or exceed the standards I set for myself on the first few pushup exercises, but about halfway through my arms were just jelly. I kept lowering myself thinking "surely I'll be able to get back up" - but as soon as I completed the thought I found myself lying flat on my face.

BTW, has anyone noticed that the editing on this particular video is way worse than the others, and Tony is exceptionally annoying? I don't know if it's just because he's got a hard-on for the Plyo Pushups or what, but he has an irritating habit of going in for closeups and generally acting like a freak show here.

Anyway, I fared better with the tri and shoulder parts of this video, and set yet another personal best on Ab Ripper (251). The sore throat is still bothering me but hasn't developed into full-blown barnyard-animal-flu so I'm still bringing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment