Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 41: Legs and Back

So, the cold I inherited from The Boyfriend finally hit, putting me out of commission for two days and forcing me to abandon my dream of finishing P90X Lean without skipping a day! Wah! However, I returned with a vengeance today and I will be foregoing my scheduled day off tomorrow to make up at least one of the missed workouts.

So, Legs and Back. This workout just DOES NOT GET EASIER. Granted, I was still feeling less than 100% from the cold, but still. I did a pretty decent job and increased most things by at least one rep, but took longer-than-usual breaks to hydrate and suck on cough drops. I also decided to give exercise bands a try rather than doing my half-assed modified pullups. I definitely feel like I’m working the right muscles more when I use the bands, because the modified thing I was doing was letting me use my legs too much. I still think there has to be a better way, though, so I will continue to experiment. As for Ab Ripper X – sorry, didn’t happen. I was hacking up a lung by the time I was done with Legs and Back and just couldn’t make myself do it. Sorry Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment