Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 50: Yoga X

Today marks the day that hell froze over: The Boyfriend FINALLY tried Yoga X! He has been gaining flexibility steadily over the past few weeks and is now feeling comfortable with the yoga section at the beginning of Cardio X. So, in an effort to be as awesome a Tony Horton groupie as I am, he figured he should give Yoga X a go.

Now, if you ask him, Yoga X was pure torture, he was terrible at it and he’s never doing it again. However, he actually did a very good job for a first timer – he was able to do more than I expected, and with better form. He didn’t start saying “you have got to be fucking shitting me” until we got to the under-the-thigh move in the right angle pose series, which I thought was pretty impressive. He didn’t even attempt Warrior III or Half-Moon, though – not that I blame him. He also refused to do Yoga Belly 7, the shoulder stance series and a few other balance/stretch postures, but hey – for his first time, it was a solid effort. Whether or not I’ll get him to do it again remains to be seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment