Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 57: Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X

First off, I have a confession to make: I skipped Yoga X on Saturday. And I don’t feel the least bit guilty! The Boyfriend became The Fiancé on Friday night and we had better things to do this weekend to celebrate. So suck it, Tony! I enjoyed the extra day of recovery and I think it might have actually helped my sore left hamstring. Not sure it helped me with Ab Ripper X though - I banged out 264 reps, 3 shy of my all-time high.

So, today was my first go at Chest and Back, and it was certainly a challenge. The under-the-fence pushups, OMFG. Not to mention the diamond pushups, decline pushups and military pushups. I soldiered through, but wasn’t able to do many reps of anything. I do feel that my pullup strength is improving – I did them with just one foot on the stool for most of the workout. Could just be that my squat strength is improving, though. Anyway, as difficult as the exercises themselves are, this video isn’t so bad – it’s only 50 minutes, there are multiple water breaks built in, and Tony and his new minions aren’t terribly annoying. I may hunt him down and punch him in the face if he says “Krispy Kreme” in one more video, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment