Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 98: Fit Test

HALLELUJAH!!!!!! I finished P90X Lean!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, enough self-congratulating. I do feel a sense of accomplishment, but I'm very disappointed at my lack of weight loss over the last 3 months. I'm still hovering right around the 3 lbs lost mark, which is completely ridiculous, given that on Atkins it's not unusual to lose 3 lbs a week. But I digress. Today is all about my fit test results!

I did some googling but was unable to find out if there's an "expected" level of improvement upon completion of P90X, so I don't really have a benchmark by which to measure my performance. Nevertheless, I'm pretty happy. I still can't do a pullup, but I added 3 inches to my vertical leap, doubled the amount of girly knee pushups I can do (12 at the beginning, 25 now) AND developed the ability to do 3 or 4 real pushups. I added 42 seconds to my wall squat time (112 seconds as opposed to 70 before) and I can now do 38 bicep curls with 10lbs instead of 18. I doubled my In & Outs as well, which was surprising since I really slacked off on Ab Ripper at the end. Cardio-wise, my resting heart rate hasn't changed but my recovery rate was MUCH better - after 4 mins of rest I was down to 84bpm as opposed to 98bpm when I started.

So, some good things. I will have The Husband take some pics and post them soon, although the visual results aren't really what I had hoped. I need to take measurements too. I am at a loss as to how to get the weight loss going, but that's not going to stop me from doing the Classic program - in a few weeks. I want some real recovery time, and I want to do another "pre-90X" week to adjust to Plyo a bit, because I don't want to lose the ability to walk. I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to Classic, but I am looking forward to the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment