Monday, May 31, 2010

Pre90X: Yoga

Today was my last day of Pre90X – time to face Yoga X. Now, as I said, I have a lot of yoga experience. I’ve done videos and classes for years, and I even tried Bikram yoga in January, going to classes 2-3 times a week for a month. I’m flexible. I can breathe. So, Yoga X should be a breeze, right? Wrong. First off, someone needs to tell Tony Horton that there are more positions in yoga than Warrior and its variations. It starts with basically 45 minutes of Warrior, which will leave your quads feeling like absolute jelly. It does get slightly easier after the first 45 minutes, but by then the damage is done. This video is straight up cardio and legs, no question about it. Oh, wait, no – I forgot about the fact that he wants you to do a pushup in between almost every asana. So really, it’s cardio, legs and upper body. Nice.

If you are used to more traditional yoga you may be annoyed at this video, because Tony definitely does his own thing here. However, it’s a great workout and should challenge even experienced yoginis. I’m taking a little break to get mentally prepared for the real deal, but I’ll be doing the fit test this week and plan to start P90X Lean in earnest on June 7, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment