Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pre90X

As I mentioned in my intro post, I have no intention of starting this thing and not finishing it (or if I do, I won’t be posting that information on the internet). So, to make sure I didn’t bite off more than I could chew, I decided to do a little P90X research and check out the videos before I start. Turns out, there is a “lite” version of P90X, also known as P90X Lean. The idea of being able to use my name and the word “lean” in the same sentence was very appealing to me, so I decided that was the plan I should check out.

I began by watching the videos on fast forward, just so I’d have an idea of the exercises that were expected of me. It all looked doable enough, although the 10x speed probably helped. When it came time to actually try out the routines, X Stretch sounded the least intimidating, so I started there. Stretch X was a breeze! As I said, I’ve done a lot of yoga, so for me this was like a gentle yoga routine. No problem. I started feeling like all the P90X hype must be just that – hype. How much harder can the other videos be?

No comments:

Post a Comment